Saturday, January 10, 2015

How to Organize Ideas #1: Write first

Hi, it is Dr. NISHIO Hirokazu. I have given several presentations about "how to organize ideas" in Japanese. It seems to be good for English speakers too. So I start to translate them into English.

Today I introduce a concept "write first". Why we should write first? Imagine whether it is easier to do calculations on paper or to do calculations in your head. Yes, the former is easier. Because you don't have to remember numbers, you can use your brain power efficiently.

To organize ideas, it is the same. If you don't write your thoughts on paper, you can't use your brain efficiently. So, at first, write everything in your brain, then organize them. That is the important concept.

I wrote the draft of the diary in 2 minutes in Japanese and then wrote the diary in 25 minutes in English. It is time to finish. Next time I'll write about "what to write".

No comments: